Sunday, March 14, 2010

Slice of History


About 30 years ago when my father owned his rubbish business, he was picking up some trash at one of his customers. As he was throwing some items into the truck he noticed a very old book. The book was Warren's Common School Geography. As he flipped through the book, this $10 promissary note fell out. He eventually gave the book to me and I put it into storage for a very long time. I was recently going through my boxes and came across the book and the note. The date appears to be January 23 1834. I ended up putting it into a plastic bag with cardboard backing in order to preserve it. Unfortunately there is some staple damage but overall it is in very good condition. The white streaks across it is the light reflection from the plastic bag in the window.

No comments: